Make a Complaint
Filing a human rights complaint is a formal legal process. Completing this form might take up to 2 hours, depending on the extent of your complaint. You cannot save this form, but you can leave the webpage open for up to 24 hours and return to it later to work on it.
Please read the Commission’s Privacy Notice before you submit your complaint.
The Complaint Process: Things to Know Before You File
- This form is used to make a complaint of discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA) to the Canadian Human Rights Commission (the Commission).
- Refer to the Complaint Form FAQ for more information about how to complete this form. It may be helpful to keep the Complaint Form FAQ open in case you need to refer to them while you fill out this complaint form.
- Use the next and previous buttons to navigate within the form. Using your browser’s back arrow will cause the form to reset and you will lose the information entered. Making changes to one part of this form might result in different questions in the next part. For that reason, you cannot skip pages or view the form before answering the questions.
- The webform is only supported on the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge web browsers.
- You might not have to complete all sections of this form depending on the answers you provide.
- The Commission recognizes its responsibility for ensuring that all people with needs related to one of the grounds of discrimination under the CHRA receive the accommodation they require to participate fully and equally in the complaint process. Refer to the Commission’s Accommodation Policy for information if you think you will need accommodation to participate in the Commission’s complaint process.
- You have rights and responsibilities when you file a discrimination complaint. Please see our Complaint Rules for more details.
- The information provided in this form is not legal advice.
- If you need assistance you can contact the Commission by email or phone:
Toll Free: 1-888-214-1090